The EIS Industry Report 2014 is the very first comprehensive overview of the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) market. The report provides a background to the EIS market, the risks and benefits of EIS investment, as well as the various investment strategies available.
A large amount of primary research was undertaken, including adviser and investor surveys to gauge market sentiment together with a survey of EIS investment managers and investment providers. A large amount of analysis of the historical and current EIS investment investment market based on our EIS investment register is included. The report aims to bring more transparency to the EIS market and educate readers on the unique opportunities and risks with EIS.
The Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) is designed to provide small and medium sized UK businesses, a vital part of the economy, with an important source of funding. To stimulate investment, investors receive generous tax benefits for taking on the added risk and these investments can also provide diversification from mainstream assets. Since the scheme’s inception in 1994, over £11bn of private investment has been raised and over 20,000 companies have received funding. Despite the growing popularity, many advisers and investors do not have the tools they need to fully understand this asset class.
Why should you read this report?
• The EIS explained – background and drivers of the scheme
• Key benefits and risks of investing in SMEs through EIS
• An overview of the rules and regulations surrounding EIS
• How EIS investment can be used to offset losses or reduce large tax bills
• Technical and financial analysis of the different EIS investment strategies
• Latest information on sentiment toward EIS from advisers vs investors
• Earn up to 5 hours of CPD from the IFP, CII and PFS
Contents of the EIS Industry Report
- Opening Statement from Lord Flight
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Qualifying Companies
- EIS Risks and Benefits
- EIS Investment Strategies
- Advisers and EIS
- Investment Register Analysis
The Report is aimed at:
- Financial advisers, planners and wealth managers
- Professional financial intermediaries
- EIS Managers, Operators and Investment providers
- Prospective EIS Qualifying Companies
- Sophisticated investors
- Anyone with a vested interest in the EIS investment market
The report aims to be subjective and highlight trends and areas for consideration within the EIS market.
You can access the report by clicking on the button below. If you are not already registered with Intelligent Partnership you will be required to enter a few details before the report opens.Access Report