Online learning on Venture Capital Trusts
part of the Tax and Estate Planning Accreditation
Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) are specialised investment companies that are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
As they are generally deemed to be risky investments, the Government grant various tax reliefs to VCT investors to encourage investment into portfolios of unquoted small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) in the UK. SMEs are recognised to be a vital contributor to economic growth and job creation.
This e-learning course is designed as an accessible, CPD accredited resource on Venture Capital Trusts. New terms, definitions and examples are introduced gradually, building a clear picture of the relief. It is intended to give advisers the competence and confidence to ably interact with clients and to identify when VCTs are right for them.
£195 for each single accreditation
£395 for the entire TEP accreditation
Up to 4 hours
Who is this accreditation for
The VCT accreditation works for a wide range of market stakeholders, from beginners to those who already have knowledge of VCTs who will gain CPD accreditation and a certificate evidencing successful completion of the course.
The format of this course is an engaging mix of written, video and interactive original content that includes case studies, calculators, template documents, process flowcharts and decision making trees, all created in Intelligent Partnership’s signature style with high production values. The Learning Resources are signposted to learners taking the accreditation as important resources to support their learning prior to their final assessment.
After completing each module the learners’ knowledge is checked, and there is a final assessment at the end of this course to assess whether the learner qualifies for the certificate.
- List the advantages VCT qualifying investments have over other estate planning methods;
- Explain how VCTs interact with pensions and other tax reliefs and wrappers
- Detail the rules that govern the relief;
- Define some of the key risks associated with VCTs;
- Explain how Income Tax Relief, Tax Free Dividends and Tax Free Growth affect the income gained from VCT investments;
- Explain what aspects you would take into consideration when assessing client’s suitability for Venture Capital Trusts and define how you would conduct research and due diligence on providers.
You can access the detailed breakdown of this course here
“The AIC supports Intelligent Partnership’s initiative to improve levels of understanding and knowledge of venture capital trusts (VCTs), and welcomes the launch of this online course.”
Nick Britton The AIC, Head of Training